One of the most efficient ways to add space to your home whilst also enhancing its value is to convert your garage – and at Dawson Building, we are experts in converting garages into a new room of your choice.
We can help you unlock the potential of your home through our long established and garage conversion services.
Garages are often be underused or used as a general storage space. We can show you how you can transform and make far more use of your garage by creating an extra lounge, or extending your existing kitchen into your garage, or creating an office or gym a granny annexe out of your garage.
With standard garage conversions, we would recommend a LABC Building Notice Application, and would arrange an on-site meeting with the LABC Surveyor at an early stage of the project to clarify their requirements regarding site specific sound / thermal insulation and fire safety.
A typical garage conversion starts from just £8,000.00 + VAT, and takes 3-4 weeks to carry out.
- We offer a free no obligation site survey to discuss feasibility, options and costs
- We then prepare a fully specified fixed-price written quotation based on best knowledge and previous experience of carrying out garage conversions
- We can arrange a free no obligation Pre Application Enquiry with Local Authority Building Control Surveyor (LABC) to agree the requirements and specifications in order to meet the current Building Control Legislation
- On confirmation of your order, we will plan the project from inception to completion, ordering doors, windows and external brick / stonework to match existing
- We will make the Building Control Application to LABC and forward the relevant fees etc
If applicable, we will arrange for our FENSA registered window installer to carry out a site survey
- We will not take a deposit from a customer
- We will inform and agree a start date for the project
- All work will be carried out to the best code of practice, and to the best quality
- We will communicate with you throughout the build, explaining the various stages as they are carried out
- We will arrange LABC site visits as require
- As a priority, safe means of escape and smoke / heat alarms will be installed to meet current Building Control Legislation
- The most up-to-date and efficient energy saving products will be used
- On completion, we will issue NICEIC electrical / Gas Safe Certificates as required
- We will arrange the final site inspection with the LABC Surveyor
- A LABC Completion Certificate will be issued to you at the hand-over stage
- In addition, we offer a full painting and decorating service
- In the instance of a more complexed design, we can arrange drawings and structural calculations by a qualified architect
- All of our work has a 12 month guarantee from the completion date
- Bathrooms and shower rooms can be catered for where required